Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

On Feb 16, 8:47*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article
.com, Richard Russell scribeth thus

On Feb 15, 3:13*pm, Jethro_uk wrote:
Especially since if you have got one, but had a
break in when it was off (e.g. you were at home) they may not pay up.

We changed our house insurer in part because the old policy implied,
as you say, that if the alarm was not working *for any reason*
(whether forgetting to set it, or a hardware failure for example) they
might not pay up. *That struck us as utterly ridiculous. *Our new
insurer gives a discount for having an alarm
(so long as it is
professionally maintained)

What exactly do the professional maintainers do for the money?...

Other than perhaps change the power unit battery once every 10
years?....
--
Tony Sayer

I think they just confirm everything is working & sign a bit of paper.