Posted to alt.home.repair
Pointer Pointer is offline

Default OT - Internation Drivers license for Canadians in Florida

On 2/15/2013 12:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/15/2013 11:55 AM, Charlie wrote:

Today's newspaper in Sarasota had a quote from one interviewed
legislator. He said "I hope I didn't vote for this."

Some day, rather than passing feel good bills the size of an
encyclopedia, they might try reading and understanding them first. The
result can only be more intelligible legislation.

"EXT" wrote in message
eb.com...
What are they doing down there. Have you other Canadians heard that
Florida
now requires an International Drivers License in addition to your
Canadian
Drivers License to drive in Florida.

It will cost you $25.00 plus photos and only lasts one year. This is so
that
your Canadian license in English can be translated into English for the
locals to be able to read. I can drive in 49 US states with my Canadian
license but not Florida. This all comes into effect just before the
spring
break when many Canadians take a trip to Florida.

Florida Highway Patrol says they will not enforce this as it may be in
violation of some international agreements.

I could not believe in this stupidity either and looked it up. You're
right:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/florida...ials-1.1156483