Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Dim a Sawzall

In article , Steve B wrote:
I am going to cannibalize a Sawzall to crack pecans. I need to slow it
down. If I use a dimmer, will that be adequate, and work? Or do I need to
go with a larger rheostat?

Steve

It may not, since they are designed to work with lighting and typically the
AC current sine wave. Since they're so cheap, why not try one and see? If
it doesn't work, look for a "router speed control" or similar that is
specifically designed to work with the series-wound motors used in most
hand-held power tools.