Posted to alt.home.repair

Default University D.I.Y Project

On Saturday 16 February 2013 21:05 CRNG wrote in alt.home.repair:

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:29:17 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"
wrote in
Re
University D.I.Y Project:

In article ,
wrote:

Good Afternoon everyone.

We're a group of second year Journalism students at the University of
Huddersfield and we could really do with your help.

For our project, we have decided to design a D.I.Y magazine aimed at
people like yourself and we was wondering whether you could spare two
minutes and fill out our survey?

As journalism students, you should have known not to use "was" but "were"

About 40 years ago that was certainly true, but now? Have you noticed
the quality of college/university graduates lately? How about the
quality of the "journalism" on TV and in the newspapers?

There is very little "journalism" these days. Just repeating press releases
and wires.

Or fancy-tickling masquerading as "news" - whether it be The Sun with tits
on page 3, or the Daily Mail firing up the Outrage Bus over
immigration/doley-skivers/education(ironic)/etc

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog:
http://squiddy.blog.dionic.net/