Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Senco finish nailer problem solved

On Feb 16, 8:24*am, Leon wrote:

While most brand name nails work better than no name, buying the incorrect
size will cause more problems than using a no name brand..

LMAOF!!!

I might have complicated my response earlier. I completely take for
granted that folks will put the right nails in the right guns.

OTOH, there are a lot of folks in China making nails these days, and
the only way you will get nails or brads made with the quality control
needed to make the gun shoot consistently and reliably are the brand
named nails. The have real quality control and require a better
product for their name.

When I go get nails or brads at Texas Tool and Fastener (I think you
have those in Houston) one trip I will buy Spotnails brand. Then the
next trip, the only brand they have in the store in the fast moving
sizes is Senco. Sometimes it is Bostitch. Other times it is
Palode. I never know, but I only buy brand names and can shoot
several hundred through my guns (roofing guns, maybe a few thousand)
without a hitch.

The guns you buy are important too, as some are just more picky than
others. Top guns on my list these days are Bostitch and Hitachi in
their industrial line. I can shoot any brand (of the correct gauge!)
of nail that will fit in the guns.

Robert