Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Senco finish nailer problem solved

On 2/16/2013 10:13 AM, dpb wrote:
On 2/16/2013 10:03 AM, Leon wrote:
On 2/16/2013 9:41 AM, dpb wrote:

15 ga is equivalent to a 4D standard finish nail, generally, altho I've
seen some recent imports that are smaller.

Actually the 16 gauge finish nail guns have been around a relative long
time, I had the choice of 15 or 16, 20+ years ago. Almost every brand
offers both.

Yes; I'm well aware of that--I was relating back to a standard 4D finish
nail for comparison purposes for OP....

I thought about the 18ga brads as well, but that just seemed too big a
stretch to have not noticed a priori...I looked but never did see that
OP gave what the actual gun he has is for actual lookup.

AND... ;~) I mentioned that these style nails have heads in one
dimension equal to the width of the nail. That is not entirely true.

Take my gun for instance, duh! It has an angled magazine. The nails
are stair stepped at an angle and the heads hang over the nail on 3
sides. The 4th side is flush with the side of the nail so that they can
all be glued to each other.