Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trouble with Senco finish nailer.

Leon wrote:

Hard lines with hard 90 degree turns will slow flow more so than a
hose that only has gradual bends.

That is very true, but with a sufficient compressor, it will have enough
capacity to handle that. 90's are commonplace in installations. It does
not have to be a lot of compressor to handle 90's - though there is a loss,
it's not so great as to require a lot more compressor. I have a small 15
gallon Craftsman oilless compressor that I rescued from the scrap pile, and
put a new fan in for $7.00, and a new seal around the tube from the reed
valves to the tank, and it handles my 1/2" hard lines in the garage just
fine. I wouldn't try to run any of my DA's with it, but it will certainly
handle things like an air nailer.

I only hooked it up to my hard lines to test it - it never sees those lines
in normal use.

--

-Mike-