Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Ruined my bandsaw blade yesterday

Ignoramus329 wrote:

Like usual in the last week, I was cutting up steel bars on my
bandsaw. I cut them up so that they fit in USPS flat rate boxes and
can be economically shipped to hobbyists.

snip

A little investigation made me realize that the bar is hardened A-2
(it had it stamped on the side, it was hadr to notice).

The $40 blade is ruined.

That's why I make blades out of 100 foot rolls of the cheap
stuff. The stuff I cut tends to tear up blades, but I only
pay a couple buck each (I know, now, the cost has gone way up).

Jon