Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Ford F250 Starter problem

On 17/02/13 00:28, Uffe Bærentsen wrote:
Den 17-02-2013 01:07, Jim Wilkins skrev:
"Uffe Bærentsen" wrote in message
news:511ffbd7$0$305 Standard sizes on spanners for metrical nuts a
(thread/spanner)
6mm/10mm 8mm/13mm 10mm/17mm 12mm/19mm
So my guess would be that they used 12mm heads.
Uffe

There are 14 and 15mm hex heads on my Honda and some 18mm ones on the
Ford.

The Ford I know about since a Ford Mondeo sits in the driveway here.
The first time i came across the odd size of 18mm I was confused, but
now I konw better ;-)

Years ago a mate that speaks fluent German and French and was working in
Munich at the time mentioned a German expression about something being
as useful as a 17mm spanner indicating it was of little use. I thought
that odd at the time as at least the spanner for the spindle on my
German angle grinder was 17mm AF, maybe he got the size wrong.