VRadin

Default Classes for a newbie in Chicago area?

In article , says...

Hi.

I'm looking hi and lo for intro courses on furniture making/woodworking
in the Chicago area.

I've already found Bauhaus Institute and J. Miller.

Any other courses/classes in my area (less expensive?).

Thanks!

Look at the adult ed programs at Oakton Community College- I've seen
lots of WW classes in the past. If you're not in the north suburbs- try
some of the other small colleges for adult ed or community ed programs.
SOme of the local high schools also sponsor Adult Ed and after school
programs.

Don't limit your search for woodworking or furniture either- you may
have some luck looking for a theatre or stage craft program. Some very
well equipped shops, low student/instructor ratio, plenty of shop time
unless they're building a set.

Good luck,
vic