Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Ordinary radiator- move water inlet to top tapping?

On 16/02/2013 19:58, Onetap wrote:
It's a hypothetical question since no-one would knowingly connect a radiator TBOE with the flow in the bottom. I don't see why it wouldn't work, is all.

We've already seen lots of people saying that with BBOE the water comes
in at one end and convects to the top in the first channel or two. The
rest of the rad is then full of cooling water, which eventually makes
its way to the bottom tank and then out.

In BTOE it'll come in at the bottom, convect straight up to the top tank
in the first channel or two - and then have no reason to ever go back
down to the rest of the rad, as it can leave from the opposite top.

Andy