Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

On Feb 16, 8:43*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
harry wrote

ARW wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
And I have decent neighbours who wouldn't just ignore it.
And that is the key to a good alarm. I have fitted several alarms on my
street - both nextdoor neighbours and the neighbours opposite would
respond if my alarm went off just as I would if theirs went off. I always
tell
them when I am working away and they do keep an eye on my house.

A good dog is better than any of the above.

Not necessarily. The bigger dogs that will deter those
who arent afraid of dogs arent exactly cheap to feed
even if they are happy to eat the dry dog food.

Alarm and attack system in one cheap/free package.

No dog is ever free unless you let it eat the neighbourhood
children and even if you do that, that's not free either.

I wonder how this new law about dogs attacking people
on private property will affect dog attacks burglar scenario?

Corse it will.

My last dog would have ripped a burglars throat out.

Mine too. But feeding him was nothing like free.

Its not too clear if he would have ripped a burglar's throat out
because I did get someone to make sure he had enough water
etc to drink etc and he didn't get his throat ripped out.

Rather academic tho, because only the stupidest burglar
would have ever been stupid enough to break in and see.

Exactly.