Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

In message , Rod Speed
writes

Yeah, most dogs kick up one hell of a stink when someone
they don't know shows up but few will actually try to bite
them or kill them. One hell of a deterrent tho, one of my
neighbours who used to ask if he could borrow garden
tools looked like he was seriously considering turning
and running at times when he knocked on the big patio
door that's the main entrance door and had the ****ing
great alsatian hurl himself at the door. He gave up coming
around very quickly |-)

I've been bitten by 2 dogs, both were defending their owners, and their
own, territory. I can assure people that they are a good deterrent!!
The really annoying part was that one of them, a GSD, knew me well since
being a pup, yet when I invaded his territory without his owners
permission I was still warned off, with vigour! The other, a Doberman,
caught me twice on 2 separate occasions, on the 3rd visit and, every one
after, he just came up and gave me a lick and sat down again!

There again, somewhat topically, I lived around foxes for most of my
early life, up to about 16 yrs, and never got bitten.
--
Bill