Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - of interest to senior members

In article ,
Another Dave wrote:
On 15/02/2013 18:50, PeterC wrote:

Other factors affecting cost are things such as there being a contract
for the buses to run (so no real cost for passes) as on my route and
how much if the buses are cancelled and the drivers and ancillary
staff are out of work. Add in the extra medical costs due to lack of
activity (although earlier death might balance this) and pensioners
spending in shops in the town and the savings aren't that much.

I hadn't thought of it like that but, on reflection, you're probably
right.

I hardly ever use mine; the buses seem to be full of youths going
to/coming back from a meeting with their probation officers

Do they wear striped jumpers, masks and carry bags marked swag - or are
you guessing?

--
*Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.