Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 12:26:58 +0000, geoff wrote:

My old boss, and ex copper once told me that you shouldn't tell the
police that you can see people in the house ... they'll take ages to turn
up. As he said "Why would anyone turn up if there's a chance of getting
hurt." ?

Nonsense.

It's clear however why he was an *ex* copper though.

Aha, a student from the dennis school of deductive reasoning

No shortage of arseholes in the world, is there?
I used to see the coppers in their minibus, parked up down a side
street near the town centre, on Friday, Saturday and (not so much)
Sunday nights.
Whenever trouble kicked off, they'd attend of course, but only after
the worst was over. One time, a mate saw a woman run to the cop 'bus,
tell the driver about an on-going fracas, and it took them a good ten
minutes to travel about 200 yards.
Can't say I blame them - why get injured for a bunch of ******s
getting ****ed out of their faces?