Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default House insurance and burglar alarms

In message
,
Owain writes
On Feb 16, 12:06*pm, Bill wrote:
How many real CCTV cameras do you know with LED indicators on them?
Especially flashing ones?

I have often wondered about the double bluff idea and putting a few
flashing LEDs on real systems though :-)

Might stop the real cameras getting vandalised.

I fitted out a block of flats and made sure that each internal camera
covered the other one on the same floor. One of the inmates, residents,
came in with his hoody up and spray painted both cameras in the lobby.
one camera caught him, the other was obviously blacked out. His
disguise was very good, totally unrecognisable, just a pity that he wore
the same closes, minus the hood up when he first came in earlier and
later when he left again, some people are idiots...

We also had a phone call from one of the druggies complaining that we
were infringing his civil liberties by fitting the cameras, did this
bother us? No.

It was an interesting block of flats, some very friendly people there,
one girl made sure that we were kept well fed and watered, tea all and
biscuits day long, another one was offering a bit more, but this was of
course turned down :-)

Owain

--
Bill