Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT - of interest to senior members

On 16/02/2013 09:21, PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 19:05:38 +0000, polygonum wrote:

On 15/02/2013 18:42, PeterC wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:51:12 +0000, polygonum wrote:

Or maybe relate the prescription length to the cost of the medicine?

As I say, in my case, £12 a year. Honestly, I can't believe it is worth
doing even two prescriptions rather than one!

We do see (if you read Pulse!) lots of complaints over the work burden
on doctors of handling repeat prescriptions. That could be reduced. :-)

It would be useful if all doctors took that view. A couple of medicines
wouldn't be too serious if I ran out of them but the Warfarin...! That could
prove fatal or worse if I didn't have it.

And that too is a cheapie:

Warfarin (Non-proprietary) Prescription only medicine

Tablets, warfarin sodium 500 micrograms (white), net price 28-tab pack =
£1.67; 1 mg (brown), 28-tab pack = 86p; 3 mg (blue), 28-tab pack = 86p;
5 mg (pink), 28-tab pack = 92p. Label: 10, anticoagulant card

Brands include Marevan®

Get the impression the cost is in the regular testing.

Yes, that's what the INR nurse told me. I'm now tested every 2 months - it's
a bit nerve-wracking as I need 6 months within therapeutic range before
ablation.

What? They're going to put you through re-entry into the atmosphere?

Fingers crossed.

--
Rod