Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Feb 15, 10:10*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"polygonum" wrote in message

On 15/02/2013 14:35, wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2013 12:46:45 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:

What I find rather disturbing is that no one in the whole long supply

chain, from abattoir to retail outlet, appears to have been routinely

testing that a batch of meat or product called "beef" really is 100%

beef.

PCR assays for horse could be made cheap enough for widespread
surveillance,
but it's not really the right approach. *If you have to figure out after
the fact
what animal *it came from, you really don't know enough about the
suppliers.

What's the next yucky thing going to be that we then have to check all
meat for?

Leo

Isn't that arse about face? We shouldn't be checking that beef isn't
horse - but that beef positively is beef! Anything else is not acceptable.

Dunno, with some stuff like lasagne etc, does it really matter what
meat it is as long as its not dead rats, cats, dogs, diseased nags etc ?

Some places rats are a delicacy. How much difference is there between
a rat and a rabbit?