Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trouble with Senco finish nailer.

Digger wrote:

I can drive them, but not flush after a few quick pulls, depending
upon material, gun, nail and length of run. However, the difference
here between 3/8 and 1/4 is dramatic, and especially with paint guns
and high volume air tools.

I think I said earlier, that certain tools will indeed show a difference. I
think I listed things like paint guns. I know my guns won't work well on a
1/4" hose. I've never had anything less than 3/8", and generally 1/2" for
those tools. Wanna see a tool eat up your air supply - hook up a DA.

I also have a small portable 6gl pancake (PC) that I absolutely love
for travel & indoor use ...not so quiet though. :-)

My 15 gallon unit is not quiet either. That's what made me so surprised
when we plugged in this little guy. Whisper quiet. Just not a lot of air
though.

I'll post a pic er two of the air line setup in next day er so, 1,000
words et al, but my own thinking says not enough constant pressure for
those runs ...max the tank at 150, regulate to 100 and it would likely
be fine. Sorta the same relationship that amperage has with voltage.
But, in the end you may turn out to be 100% correct and my Hausfields
(much bigger guns) are indeed faulty.

Anyhow, this horse has been ridden enough and ready for the barn so, I
say the conversation has been interesting and will likely lead to
better days for us both...

Well - let us know if you do discover anything down the road - faulty tools,
or whatever.

--

-Mike-