Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Circuit breaker question

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

KenK wrote:
wrote in
:

On 13 Feb 2013 18:09:48 GMT, KenK wrote:

Several weeks ago I turned on my oven to preheat it. Some 15
minutes later I returned and it was cold. I finally checked the 40
A double-breaker and it was tripped. I reset it and the oven worked
ok. I've used the oven since several times with no problem Can I
stop worrying about it? I've never had a breaker trip like that for
no reason before.

TIA

RBM probably pointed to the problem. Have you checked to see that
both elements are still working?

Seems to be three elements. A thick one at the bottom of the oven
which has been the one I've paid attention to. It still glows when
the oven is turned on. I think this is the important one for baking
and roasting, which I do.

Then a small element above it which I think has something to do with
broiling which I don't do and isn't lit with oven set for 400 or so,
not broil. Then another at the top of a lower compartment with it's
own door which I think is for broiling and is also not lit.

I think this is normal for baking and roasting.

Do you not have the manual? I tend to read the manuals for all of my
appliances just to make sure I am getting the most out of them. I
can't imagine having an oven with 2 compartments and 3 elements and
not knowing how it all works.

Google is your friend.

I bought it used with no manual. For many years, up till now, I've had no
problems - I just use it for baking and roasting and it's worked just
fine.

Now, out of curiosity, I might try to DL a manual.