Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dell Optiplex SX260 Computer Won't Boot Up

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:12:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

That's another AC to DC supply. I want a rechargeable battery pack
with built in DC-DC converters for the 90 V plate & 9 V filament
supplies.

I couldn't find a decent DC supply. Sorry.

http://www.dialcover.com/components.html

Bill Turner. I really like his "Cease and Desist" contact cleaner
formula.

He was claiming it was exactly the same as Deoxid, and got a cease &
desist letter from their lawyers. Then he claimed I called them to
report him. He wasn't worth a phone call. He's the Phil Allison of old
radioos. Foul mouthed & short tempered. he made claims that you could
make a LED flash with just a resistor & capacitor. That you could use a
1N34 diode in a line operated radio to replace a Selenium. He claimed
that a 1N4007 in series with a string of tubes dropped the voltage by
50% instead of the average power. You get the idea. He and Angus went
round & round on some issues.

How about 5VDC to 90VDC on a chip?
http://www.linear.com/product/LT3482
I did some Googling and found plenty of DC to DC inverters, but I'm
too busy (or lazy) to dig through the selection guides.

All I've looked at so far fell short, at around 48 volts. Probably
over 100 datasheets in that project folder. IIt's no big deal, as lomg
as I finish it before I die.

BTW, Jeff Angus is back on a few newsgroups, but he can't access this
group most of the time. He is posting as Fox's Mercantile.

Yeah, I know. Every time I screw up in this newsgroup, he sends me a
nasty email. Ocassionally, he agrees with me, which means I must have
really screwed up badly.

Watch out, or he send you under the workbench to think about what
you've done. Whatever you do, stay out of his stash of Corona & donuts
if he does. ;-)