Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Tools and accessories to buy from HF

wrote:

However, it is important to remember the
bigger companies carry different quality of lines as well, so YMMV
from actual model to model.

Indeed. In addition to HF, Sears and Black & Decker are popular no-no
sources.

I have a 7" disk sander, two speed, from Sears that I bought in the late
60s; I have used it and used it and used it. I dropped it on a concrete
floor a few years ago and was heartbroken when the aluminum clam shell
casting broke. I liked it so much I had a local shop weld the casting; that
and a bit of JB Weld and it is still getting used with great frequency.
(Less so since I got the HF 1/2" hammer drill because years ago I bought a
1/2" chuck for the sander and used it for a drill too. I'd use it more if I
could find a decent 8-9" softpad; they all seem to turn to mush in a few
years)

Two of my favorite tools are Black & Decker. One is a 7/8 HP router, 1/4"
collet, that is about as old as the Sears sander, Been used at least as
much too, still do. Used it today AAMOF. The other is more recent - a 3/8
VS drill with a clutch as well as straight drive, circa 1988, from their
industrial line. I use it nearly every day.

This is an interesting thread. I had no idea so many folks here used
HF products.

It's called "closet frugality"

--

dadiOH