Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford F250 Starter problem

"Uffe Bærentsen" wrote in message
. ..
Den 15-02-2013 05:32, skrev:

You ought to try to get parts for ANYTHING in places like Zambia
and
Burkina Faso.

Sounds like you have seen most of what a car can throw at you.
Uffe

The PBS show on Pharaoh's Chariot showed a lot of experimental metal
and woodworking in Egyptian street shops, with equipment similar to my
hobby shop or that of the architectural door-maker I helped build a
steam bender.

The old South Bend booklets describe how to make and recondition
automotive pistons, valves and electric motors. Doesn't the less
developed world have such small general repair shops available?
Iron-working in central Africa dates from many centuries BC.

I've asked engineers from Asia and Africa about this, but it seems
they had all avoided such demeaning manual skills if they were smart
and rich enough to get into a foreign university.