Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dell Optiplex SX260 Computer Won't Boot Up

wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:40:52 -0800, in sci.electronics.repair you wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:24:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I have two of these computers.

I have three of them. However, only one works and I only have one
power supply. The other two are waiting for time to fix, or recycling
(toss a coin).

This model is well known for bad electrolytics. So much so that a
kit is offered for it:
http://www.thecapking.com/gx620sff.html

Hi Jeff,

I'm not Jeff.

The kit, which includes a location of the bad caps (great idea),
is for a Dell GX-620, which is not even close to my Dell Optiplex SX260
mother board's layout. Note: This desktop PC is small and was made
in 2003.

Sorry, I've been working on the GX620s and am using one for Usenet &
Email. They have kits for several other Dell models.

Did any of those bad caps have a bulge? Note: I have equipment to
measure and check ESR of caps.

Thanks in advance, John