Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

On Feb 15, 2:35*pm, wrote:
On Friday, February 8, 2013 12:46:45 PM UTC, Dave Liquorice wrote:

What I find rather disturbing is that no one in the whole long supply

chain, from abattoir to retail outlet, appears to have been routinely

testing that a batch of meat or product called "beef" really is 100%

beef.

PCR assays for horse could be made cheap enough for widespread surveillance,
but it's not really the right approach. *If you have to figure out after the fact
what animal *it came from, you really don't know enough about the suppliers.

What's the next yucky thing going to be that we then have to check all meat for?

Leo

Rats?