Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - of interest to senior members

In article ,
On 2013-02-15, wrote:
On Friday, February 15, 2013 10:06:44 AM UTC, Kim Bolton wrote:
snip
You should meet my mid-80s mother-in-law.

I don't really know the reason why - it might be something to do
with WWII,

We're busily clearing my 95 y/o MILs house, since she's had to go into
a care home. She was much the same - we've thrown away hundreds of poly
bags, foil pie trays, "TV dinner" plastic trays and the like. She never
threw *anything* away.

My mother was the exact opposite. Only things like that she kept were
those which *would* be used. Glass jars for jam making, for example. She
never bought any 'prepared' food either - except pastry. Always took a
shopping bag so never had plastic ones.

Only thing like that I keep is those microwaveable plastic boxes a
Chinese takeaway comes in. Better quality boxes for say screws, than
other food containers.

Yup, SWMBO uses them for the freezer. I nick a few every now and then for
the workshop.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org