Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Garage socket & pattress question and 17th Edition wiring regs

On 15/02/2013 15:16, Stephen H wrote:

Now do the socket face plates and pattresses that are INSIDE the garage
have to be IP rated as well or is white domestic faceplates and
pattresses inside a garage acceptable for meeting 17th Ed wiring regs?

The standard faceplates are fine for a garage; but I'd be using my own
judgement as to whether they were appropriate; eg if the roof leaked or
rain blows in through cracks etc.

Personally I use the metal clad type in the workshop / garage as they're
a bit more robust bearing in mind what goes on out there.
--
David