Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT - of interest to senior members

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
tim..... wrote:
Bus passes tend to be self-means tested, I.e the better off pensioners
who drive don't use them extensively.

Not round here. Problem in London is not so much the cost of fuel, but
trying to park in the High Street, etc. And buses go down the High Street
- but not so likely to go to shopping malls. Of course if I have heavy
shopping to bring home the car is the obvious choice.

But London is different

They still give them out to peeps over 60 despite the rest of the country no
longer being so entitled.

And you can use them on the underground/overground.

So it seems likely that if HMG introduced means tests London would not

tim