Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default OT - of interest to senior members

On 15/02/2013 08:51, polygonum wrote:
8

However, I and everyone else on this medicine qualify for a Medical
Exemption Certificate (Medex), so actually pay nothing. (And have the
benefit of not then paying for any other prescriptions.)

The exemption is based on the illness not the drug used.
Unless its a very specific drug some people may have to pay if its not
being used to treat one of the listed medical conditions.

If I had to pay the full prescription charge of £7.65 twelve times a
year, I would be being ripped off by the system. (That is, being charged
almost £80 more than the NHS is charged for the medicine.)

You get your doctor to prescribe 3 months at a time.
then you buy a three month certificate and get it dispensed.
Then a week before it expires you get your next 3 months.

repeat 3 months later and you get all your regular medds for just over
half the cost of a 12 month prepayment certificate.