Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Acrylic mirror material ...

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone had any experience of the stuff ? I have a need to make three
small mirrors - about credit card size - and two of them are not
square. 3mm acrylic mirror material is available dirt cheap on Fleabay,
and is reckoned to be at least as good as glass. Question is, how do
you cut the stuff reasonably neatly ? I've cut other acrylics before
and always found them to be a nightmare at clogging any cutting tools.
I was thinking maybe something like a Dremel with a general purpose
cutting wheel ? They market this material as 'shatterproof', so that's
good when it comes to cutting it, right ... ? I wonder if that also
means that it would score and snap ?

Last thing you want when cutting acrylic is something which generates heat
as it melts easily. A fine tooth hand wood saw is fine. Finish with a
metal file. You can polish the edge with fine sandpaper followed by metal
polish like brasso.

--
*I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it..

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks Dave

Arfa