Toby

Default automatic garage door openers.

Do the diy retro fit automatic garage door openers work well ? Am
considering the Motor Lift from Chamberlain from screwfix @ £185.99inc
vat. Any pointers of any difficulties experienced would be appreciated

Fitted one to a canopy door with the 'Chamberlain Arm'. Extra £45. When
it's up, the lowest point of the arm brushes my scalp. Might make all the
difference if you are parking something tall.
Because the brickwork over the opening was fullbrick depth ~220, needed to
chisel into this in order to get the track close enough to the door. If
there had been a box section lintel on the inner face this would have made
it impossible to fit.

Works a treat my 72 yr old mum wouldn't be without it.

Toby.