Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Acrylic mirror material ...

"usenet2012" wrote in message
In message , Arfa Daily
writes
Anyone had any experience of the stuff ? I have a need to make three small
mirrors - about credit card size - and two of them are not square. 3mm
acrylic mirror material is available dirt cheap on Fleabay, and is
reckoned to be at least as good as glass. Question is, how do you cut the
stuff reasonably neatly ? I've cut other acrylics before and always found
them to be a nightmare at clogging any cutting tools. I was thinking maybe
something like a Dremel with a general purpose cutting wheel ? They market
this material as 'shatterproof', so that's good when it comes to cutting
it, right ... ? I wonder if that also means that it would score and snap ?

Expect it to scratch badly in use.

--
Simon

Shouldn't be a problem where I need to use it

Arfa