Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ford F250 Starter problem

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:47:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Uffe Bærentsen" wrote in message

The main thing in this story is the great barriers that we saw
car-wise.
In USA it was difficult to get parts and service for Japanese and
European vehicles. In Europe it was difficult to get parts and
service for vehicles from USA (at least in some countries in
Europe). I do not know what the story was in Japan but I would not
be surprised if they had difficulties wit US and European vehicles.
Protectionism (most likely missspelled....)
Uffe

Whatever the reason it didn't affect Volkswagen, or Japanese
motorcycles. When I bought my first Honda car in 1974 the dealer's
parts department was well stocked. I checked.

They had parts for every other model of Toyota, just not that
year/model.

Had to be the 1972 then - the 1972 Mark 2 was a one year only model -
less than 8 months production came to North America - but the brake
parts were not specific to the Mk.- and we never had any issues other
than the pads separating that I can remember. We likely sold 20 or 25
Mk 2 coronas that year - along with a couple dozen regular Coronas -
both sedan and hatch.