Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default computer trojan destroys hard drives

Per :
In that regard it is best to keep your C: drive as small as possible
and keep your data files on another drive. Data is simple to back up
and restore. The C: drive is harder to restore because of the way
Windoze installs software. You really need a cloned drive.

I use drive imaging utilities.

Started out with one of the many DOS utilities, moved to something
called "ShadowProtect" for reasons that probably are not of interest
here.

But, for me, losing the "System" drive isn't all that big a deal -
because I keep my data on a separate drive/partition. It's the data
backups that I am so obsessive about. I can rebuild a system.....
--
Pete Cresswell