Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Trouble with Senco finish nailer.

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message ...

pressure. My air nailer is always running off of a known length of 3/8"
hose to a coil of 1/4", or if close enough, simply off of the 1/4" directly
to the compressor(s). So - pressure drops over long runs never becomes an
issue for me, and I forget to think about that in conversations like this.
Good catch John.

Some of the job sites I've seen have had very long runs of hoses for the
nailers simply due to the nature of the work site. Big contemporary homes
with high steep pitched roofs were wrapped in hoses...

I don't recall that the OP mentioned the length of his hoses so I cannot say
if that may be his specific issue. It might be worth consideration if the
compressor's regulator says he has enough pressure but he is still having
problems.

Some tools are sensitive to lubrication also. I've got one nailer that has
to be oiled every time (day) I use it regardless of how much actual nailing
was done after the last time it was oiled or it doesn't function reliably.

John