Posted to alt.home.repair

Default computer trojan destroys hard drives

A couple weeks ago, I got some trojan from Hell. It wiped out my hard drive.
I didn't know what was happening, and had an external drive plugged in. That
stopped working, so I tried my other external drive.

I took the three drives to a friend (graduate of a computer college), who
could not recover anything. Mailed the drives to another friend who found
all three to be dead. Friend two even used the forensic programs that the
cops use.

Something got me. And, it did some kind of damage that two techies could not
recover.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 05:37:38 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

PCs have been hacked on a
large scale in some sophisticated attacks in a way that
damaged them so that they had to be replaced.

Huh?

Maybe the software had to be reloaded but the hardware was not
damaged. I understand that for a lot of idiots getting a virus (or
simply a bunch of bloatware) on the machine causes them to just buy a
new one, preloaded but if they had their head a quarter inch out of
their ass they would format and reload the one they have.