Posted to alt.home.repair
Tomsic[_3_] Tomsic[_3_] is offline

Default Circuit breaker question

"KenK" wrote in message
Several weeks ago I turned on my oven to preheat it. Some 15 minutes later
I returned and it was cold. I finally checked the 40 A double-breaker and
it was tripped. I reset it and the oven worked ok. I've used the oven
since
several times with no problem Can I stop worrying about it? I've never had
a breaker trip like that for no reason before.

TIA

As others have said, one trip of the CB is no big deal. My rule is: one
trip = reset and do nothing. Two trips = look for an obvious problem (hot
breaker, loose wire or connection, faulty cord, non-working appliance).
Three trips = major problem someplace. Turn off the power, get out the
multi-meter and find it.

Tomsic