Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Trouble with Senco finish nailer.

Digger wrote:

In addition to other suggestions, I would check size of airline. 1/4"
is often not large enough to deliver enough volume of air for some
brands of air tools to function properly. I typically use at least
3/8" line if the run is more than a few feet.

That's always true of high volume tools like DA's and some paint guns, but
I've never heard that to be true of an air nailer. They're a one shot tool.
I'd be more suspicious of either too low of a pressure setting, or the thing
crapping out as the tank is approaching cut in pressure level. Maybe people
have had problems with air nailers and small diameter hoses (especially if
they are firing in rapid succession), but intuitively, that would surprise
me. Other things have surprised me in the past...

--

-Mike-