Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert[_18_] Robert[_18_] is offline

Default Circuit breaker question

On Feb 13, 12:09 pm, KenK wrote:
Several weeks ago I turned on my oven to preheat it. Some 15 minutes later
I returned and it was cold. I finally checked the 40 A double-breaker and
it was tripped. I reset it and the oven worked ok. I've used the oven since
several times with no problem Can I stop worrying about it? I've never had
a breaker trip like that for no reason before.

TIA

When you turned on the oven and went away, before you
left, did you determine that the oven was actually on ??
If not, it may have happened that the breaker tripped
before you turned the oven on ......and the problem
would be separate from the oven....
But I agree with the previous advice that sometimes
breakers trip for no apparent reason. No often, but
it does happen. I suspect Chinese internet hackers.....