Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Circuit breaker question

On 2/13/2013 1:09 PM, KenK wrote:
Several weeks ago I turned on my oven to preheat it. Some 15 minutes later
I returned and it was cold. I finally checked the 40 A double-breaker and
it was tripped. I reset it and the oven worked ok. I've used the oven since
several times with no problem Can I stop worrying about it? I've never had
a breaker trip like that for no reason before.

TIA

Maybe. Same thing happened to me and I reset the breaker and continued
cooking.

But, with wife using oven, a couple of days later, breaker tripped and
reset would not keep and broiler would not work. Short somewhere in
stove. It was 18 years old so we replaced it.