Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Ya Never Know

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:33:44 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Just called to talk to one of my principles about a quote and was
told he had a heart attack and dropped dead last week.

He was a man in his mid 70's and was very active both in his
business and his personal life which included competitive
pistol shooting.

He was a health nut but hated hospitals and most of the
medical profession.

For someone who tried to take care of himself and thought he
had a strong immune system as a result of taking OTC pills
and herbs, his death came as quite a shock,
especially since he was very physically trim.

Ya never know.

Time is passing, don't waste it.

Lew

Tempus Fugit
There is an older guy that lives a few miles from me that
built his own casket, it stays propped against the wall in his living
room.

Very nice as such things go, black walnut with brass handles and trim.

I had the occasion to ask him why he built and displayed it.
His answer was that, "It kept him in touch with how short life was and to
not live foolishly".
He built it in his 40"s, he is in his 80"s now, it must be working.

basilisk