Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Turnstile Jumper Who Wanted to Save Two Bucks Ends Up with Seven Years in Prison

A man who sought to avoid paying the $2.25 fare a a Manhattan PATH
station ended up with some serious prison time after he was caught
carrying an illegal weapon.

37-year-old Ruben Sanabria was stopped by Port Authority officers last
March after he jumped the 14th Street station's turnstile.

While looking him over, the officers noticed Sanabria was gesturing
towards his waistband area and proceeded to search him.

They soon discovered Sanabria was packing a .40-caliber Smith & Wesson
loaded with so-called "cop killer bullets."

Sanabria tried to make a run for it, but was quickly apprehended and
arrested.

"This defendant illegally carried a loaded semi-automatic firearm into
a public transportation system used by thousands of people every day,"
said Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance. "The officers who
apprehended him did so at great personal risk. Preventing gun violence
is one of my top priorities as District Attorney, and I will make sure
that this Office continues to seek strong sentences for crimes
involving firearms."

Sanabria pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a weapon in the
second degree, and was sentenced to seven years behind bars.

http://gawker.com/5983953/turnstile-...ears-in-prison

Here is some advice from Chris Rock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

--
Stephanie: What did you do today?
Leonard Hofstadter: Well, I'm a physicist, so I just thought about stuff.