Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Circuit breaker question

"KenK" wrote in message
Several weeks ago I turned on my oven to preheat it. Some 15 minutes later
I returned and it was cold. I finally checked the 40 A double-breaker and
it was tripped. I reset it and the oven worked ok. I've used the oven
since
several times with no problem Can I stop worrying about it? I've never had
a breaker trip like that for no reason before.

TIA

A breaker may trip for no apparent reason. If it does it again, then worry.
Did you have any other burners on the stove at the time ?

If you can , you may want to take the cover off the breaker panel and with
the breaker turned off, check the screws to see if they are tight. While
you are in there , you may want to do the same thing to all the other
breakers.
Sometimes over the years the screws may work loose or may not have been
tightened enough when installes. This creats a hot spot and the breaker
works off heat.