Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_7_] Jon Danniken[_7_] is offline

Default Small Heat Vent: Bimetalic Coil

On 2/12/2013 12:18 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Hey, even better, as you wouldn't need to supply power or do any
designing, and since it is the sun that is causing the overheating,
you'll always have sunlight for the solar cell.

There do appear to be quite a few poorly-made units out there, though;
this model is more expensive, but seems to have better reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Round-Solar-Bo...sim_sbs_auto_2

Jon

I remember finding one of those solar window vents at a thrift store and
it was a dollar. I'll cruse the thrift stores for items I can take
apart to experiment with and it costs very little to come up with parts
for projects. ^_^

Heck yeah! If it's only a dollar, you can probably replace whatever the
most "breakable" thing is on the unit, and reuse the rest of the kit as
a project.

Jon