Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_3_] bert[_3_] is offline

Default TOT - if the lied about the beef being horse meat.......

In message , Gib Bogle
writes
On 11/02/2013 2:12 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:
u are accustomed.

And its not just about survival anyway.

The absolute vast bulk of all the animals I eat only
got to live at all because they are eaten by humans.

Yes. I like to tease vegetarians with this question: Is a sheep's
life worth anything? They tend to think it is. I then point out that
there are about 40 million sheep in our country, and if we didn't eat
sheep there'd be a small fraction of this number. By eating sheep we
are giving life to millions of sheep. Are the sheep better or worse
off because we rear them? It's also worth mentioning what a good life
these sheep have, free from disease, free from predation, always
getting enough to eat. When you watch the lambs gamboling in the
fields it's pretty obvious that a sheep's life has value. It's better
to have lived and lost than never to have lived at all.

AS a vegetarian I wouldn't be "teased" by that at all. It's utter
********. You are transposing your human concepts onto an animal. If the
animal shared those concepts then it would be aware that it's life was
to be prematurely terminated. If it didn't, and I think we all probably
agree it doesn't, then your argument far from being "teasing" is
pointless.
--
bert