Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Snowblower Problem Question ?

On Feb 11, 4:44*pm, wrote:
On Monday, February 11, 2013 3:23:54 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
When I think about how much snow gets packed into the EOD pile after
the plow goes by, and how my Ariens just chews right in and tosses it
aside - without shearing anything - I can't image that any part of my
body is going to shear a pin before some serious damage is done.

Well yeah, if you shove your arm in there like an idiot with the engine going full bore, you're gonna get hurt.

At an idle, you can stall the engine of a most homeowner-grade snowblowers with the toe of your boot.

What kind of "homeowner-grade snowblowers" are you talking about? Most
snowblowers these days don't have an "idle speed" and/or "engine going
full bore" when discussing the auger. Some very old units with
throttles had "idle speeds" and "engine going full bore" but these
days the engine is either running or not and the auger is either
turning or not, depending on whether the lever is depressed.

BTW...I checked your "Any normal person has enough reach to be able to
lean around and look in the front" and I have to ask: How tall are
you?

As I said earlier, I'm a few inches shy of the average (normal?)
height of US male, but I'm so far from being able to even see the
augers, nevermind the impeller, by looking into the front of the
machine that I can't imagine anyone other than perhaps someone of
Manute Bol's stature being able to do it.

Let me know the next time you plan to stick your boot in the auger to
stall the machine. I'll load up 911 on my cell phone and be ready to
hit send...maybe.