Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K[_2_] Harry K[_2_] is offline

Default Snowblower Problem Question ?

On Feb 11, 10:19*am, wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 20:46:42 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On Feb 10, 2:33*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:50:56 -0800 (PST), Bob_Villa
wrote:

-snip-

I would add the simplest possibility is sheared auger pins and they are not moving snow to the middle for pick-up and are just snug enough to turn when not under load.
HTH

I said IF the auger is turning and the impeller is NOT turning on an
Ariens 2 stage, the pin is gone. NO OTHER OPTION . period.

Correct-- *But* - The OP said he couldn't tell if the impeller was
turning. * so it might be-- and then what Bob says *is* the Occam's
razor choice.

If the augers stop under load it is a different story - could be a bad
belt, tensioner, or auger shear pins. *Not common to shear both *(or
all 4) pins at once

No-- but I've seen people going up and down their driveway with one
augur turning, blissfully unaware that one is sheared. * * Until the
second one goes-- then they know something isn't right.g

Jim

Happend to me on a new 10hp. *First time it was used it was a knock
down drag-out fight to blow any snow at all until I examined it. *From
the looks of the hole there had never been a shear pin in it,

Harry K

*Let me guess - you bought it at Home Despot? *Or Costco?

Nope, Amazon. I assembled it following he step by step instructions.
Wasn't the only thing that the manufacturer's quality control missed.
From the missing shear pin, to a drive chain not put on sprocket, to
no mention of having to reverse the wheels to get them to drive (that
one was traced to shipping the wrong manual with it)...etc, etc. Many
e-mails and phone calls back and forth that basically came down to "we
don't give a crap".

Harry K