Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Something has happened for the 192'nd straight month...

On 2/11/2013 6:45 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:50:51 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/11/2013 5:14 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
BillyBobT wrote:

G. Morgan wrote in
:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

What you must understand is I don't want SSDI and have
never asked for it.

I didn't originally want it either. I was told that I
qualified for it (a doctor told me I think). After reading
up on it I saw that I was leaving a significant amount of
money on the table by not taking it.

Since I honestly could not work for that period, I said to
myself - WTF, might as well try. After all, that's exactly
what it's there for - and I paid my dues to qualify. My
friend and former boss told me a long time ago, "never leave
money on the table"!

And we have another SSDI, on the dole, cronic pain (back pain
right?) posting here all day and night. Ever think of getting
a data entry job? If your "pain" doesn't stop you from USENET
posting why would it stop you from a data entry job?

I have a job. I took SSD for a little over a year, then went
back to work. For that one year, it wasn't my back - it was
shoulder surgery and the titanium screws were rejected by my
skeleton. I developed a painful "skeletal syndrome" (forgot the
technical term). Since the screws had to stay in for a year for
the bone to heal, I was a one-armed bandit. Hurt like hell too,
I was taking Opana (Hydromorphone) ER and IR.

Mr. Morgan, I salute your survival of the attack of the pain
monster. My personal pain critter is chewing on my right foot and
leg right now so I have to change the soaked bandage and go after
some more medical supplies. I went through a wonderful chest pain
episode today that was loads of fun. I understand your shoulder
pain since both my shoulders are torn up. I've gone through periods
where all I could do was sit in a recliner all day with my arm on a
pillow because just moving caused blinding pain. When I'm out on a
job somewhere I tell the customers if they hear me make painful
grunting sounds, it's just me practicing my karate. ^_^

I went through shoulder pain about four-five years ago. It got so I
couldn't move my left arm without tears coming to my eyes. When it
started in my right, the light bulb came on. It turned out it was
the Lisinopril I was on. I stopped that and a month later I was
fine. The Doc didn't have a clue.

I've had knee and foot (sometimes wrist) pain for thirty years. It
got a lot better when I moved South but it still gets bad sometimes
in the Winter (this morning was no fun). At least it's tolerable,
since I moved out of snow country.

Lisinopril which is one of the meds I have is a vasodilator and one of
the side effects you can have is chest pain. I wonder if the shoulder
pain was one of the side effects of the drug which is joint pain. Not
only do I have Lisinopril but I also have HCTZ which is a diuretic. In
2011 I became very ill with Pneumonia and after coming home from the
hospital, I couldn't seem to get any better then I started swelling
beginning with my legs and the swelling moved up to above my waist which
made me look as though I was wearing clown pants, I also had fluid in my
lungs. I contacted my physician friend who helps me and told him I had
taken HCTZ and Lisinopril before. We discussed the dose I should take
and he called it in to my pharmacist. I lost 50lbs in two weeks for a
total of over 60lbs in that month and it was all fluid. I shrank like
somebody slowly draining a waterbed and the fluid in my lungs was gone
too. My blood pressure dropped so low I was coming close to passing out
so I had to decrease the dosage of the meds and my BP is OK now. O_o

TDD