Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Something has happened for the 192'nd straight month...

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:50:51 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 2/11/2013 5:14 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
BillyBobT wrote:

G. Morgan wrote in
:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

What you must understand is I don't want SSDI and have never asked for
it.

I didn't originally want it either. I was told that I qualified for it
(a doctor told me I think). After reading up on it I saw that I was
leaving a significant amount of money on the table by not taking it.

Since I honestly could not work for that period, I said to myself - WTF,
might as well try. After all, that's exactly what it's there for - and
I paid my dues to qualify. My friend and former boss told me a long
time ago, "never leave money on the table"!

And we have another SSDI, on the dole, cronic pain (back pain right?)
posting here all day and night. Ever think of getting a data entry job? If
your "pain" doesn't stop you from USENET posting why would it stop you from
a data entry job?

I have a job. I took SSD for a little over a year, then went back to
work. For that one year, it wasn't my back - it was shoulder surgery
and the titanium screws were rejected by my skeleton. I developed a
painful "skeletal syndrome" (forgot the technical term). Since the
screws had to stay in for a year for the bone to heal, I was a one-armed
bandit. Hurt like hell too, I was taking Opana (Hydromorphone) ER and
IR.

Mr. Morgan, I salute your survival of the attack of the pain monster. My
personal pain critter is chewing on my right foot and leg right now
so I have to change the soaked bandage and go after some more medical
supplies. I went through a wonderful chest pain episode today that was
loads of fun. I understand your shoulder pain since both my shoulders
are torn up. I've gone through periods where all I could do was sit in
a recliner all day with my arm on a pillow because just moving caused
blinding pain. When I'm out on a job somewhere I tell the customers if
they hear me make painful grunting sounds, it's just me practicing my
karate. ^_^

I went through shoulder pain about four-five years ago. It got so I
couldn't move my left arm without tears coming to my eyes. When it
started in my right, the light bulb came on. It turned out it was the
Lisinopril I was on. I stopped that and a month later I was fine. The
Doc didn't have a clue.

I've had knee and foot (sometimes wrist) pain for thirty years. It
got a lot better when I moved South but it still gets bad sometimes in
the Winter (this morning was no fun). At least it's tolerable, since
I moved out of snow country.