Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Ford F250 Starter problem

On 2013-02-11, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message
My roommate has a '97 F250 7.2L gas, XLT 4 door pickup with a
starter
problem....

Or am I missing something? This LOOKs like a basic starter with
switch operated solenoid ON the starter...powered by the small red
wire...but come to think of it..that fender mounted solenoid...wtf?
Gunner

Dunno about yours, but my 91 Ford has needed a new fender-mounted
solenoid and a new brush assembly in the starter motor. When the motor
brushes wore to their stops, vibration from messing around down there
apparently caused them to make contact again, briefly.

The factory manual for Aerostar/Explorer/Ranger shows starters both
with and without an external solenoid.
jsw

Those starters are dirt cheap rebuilt. I have three reman ford
starters in my ebay store myself and I am asking 25 each.

D2AF-11131-CA 8A, E4TF-11131-AA, 3221

Your UPS shipping is over twice the UPS flat rate amount.